Skip to main content

MAASAI MARA UNIVERSITY: THE HOME OF Bush People.


Hello Bush person.
why ignore my greetings? Don't you believe that you are a bush person? well let me inform you; you are a "bushman". Do not take this personally or in bad faith, for l have a perfect reason why you fit in as a bushman.

Let me start with this simple question. What was your last tweet? or let me start with the obvious. what's your Twitter handle? let me make a learned guess; you do not have a clue what I'm talking about: you might not even know  what is Twitter in the first place???


well before  you shift your focus and run to that infamous Facebook students page and hurl your insults just hear me out. l'm tired by the blame and the insults have seen being directed to  The Students President Mr. Robert Too. You all think that he is to be blamed for all the evils and the bad publicity that you are getting.

well listen to me you bush person. You think you are not to be blamed? You think you are not part of all this negativity? Well get it from me, you are the main reason that Maasai Mara University is considered a " Bush University "hence a soft target by the media.

Facebook is great but their is power in that tweet. Do you have an idea how much Twitter has influenced the world as we know it today?? let me give you a few examples # ArabUpRising #SaveMalala #BlackLivesMatter. These are just but  a few that stand out in a stack of millions of tweets that the world gets to see in a day.

Now closer home, lets take an example of University Of Nairobi. Whom do you think opened the eyes of the media and Kenyans on the police brutality that they were experiencing? Its the tweets and the retweets that have turned the attention to those rogue police officers.

Currently the hashtag #MbithiMustGo is trending on twitter as students express their frustration with their management. Here at Maasai Mara University The home of Bushmen we are doing contrary to what our peers do.

Instead of picking up our phones and tweeting about our dissatisfaction with the report aired on Citizen Tv we are busy blaming and throwing insults at Robert as if we are not part of the problem.

It is true that our ego and reputation has been bruised, but we are the star between the Mau Escarpment and the great Maasai Mara, we are the Pride of South rift, we are the Lion of the Mara.

Twitter can be our vindicator. we can tweet how Citizen Tv are involved in shoddy journalism. we can tweet how much this school is great. We can tweet and let the world know that "Simba Ni Moja".

This is for you busy insulting and blaming Robert. I'm and still remains one of the biggest supporters and admirers of Robert Too. He remains The president, a colleague, a classmate and most of all a friend.

The blame should be on you villagers and bushmen who are too dumb for Twitter.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I WISH YOU WERE HERE

The Invisible Dragon I have a dragon inside of me He jumps in my mouth when I want to be free He grabs at my throat when I want to speak He makes me so scared that I feel very weak You can’t see my dragon coz he’s deep down inside But he makes me so nervous; all I want to do is hide I wish that I could speak to you – I wish I had the choice But the dragon inside of me has snatched away my voice When you ask a question and all l want to do is answer you When you call my name and make me think about   you I simply can’t answer – my throats too tight Coz my dragon says “BOO” and I jump with fright It really makes me sad; all I want to do is cry Coz I’d love to be your friend if I wasn’t so shy So if my face doesn’t smile when you ask me to play It’s because this pesky dragon just won’t go away

IN GLORY OF US AS COMRADES

  NESH PENDRAGON After a long, cold and rainy stay at home school is finally here again. I take this chance to wish you all a safe journey back to Narok and to those who were still around please remember to go say hello to mummy before you resume school this coming semester. Let me remind us that we have come a long way as an institution but a lot more has to be done not just for us now but for posterity. The enemy still remains the administration. Suspension of students based on weak allegations. The Non-functioning state of SOMMU and the general poor management of student affairs by the management are still thorny issues. A lot of new challenges await us, the large number of students who will be on session to the ‘new’ mabati classes that might be used by some of us if not all. Most of us have already travelled to Narok; having to go check on either their missing marks, to sit for a supplementary exam or the special exams. As you sit your exams I want to wi

9 THINGS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT KAWIRA MWANGAZA. NUMBER 8 WILL SHOCK YOU.

1.       Her first name is Faith. She is popularly known as Kawira Mwangaza but did you know her first name is Faith. Kawira Mwangaza grew up being called Faith Kawira. 2.       A member of the Full Gospel Church of Kenya. Faith Kawira grew up as a member of the Full Gospel Church of Kenya. Faith Kawira was a youth leader in her local church area. This helped her to grow her Faith in God and probably this has helped her in running her own church. Where she is the Bishop. 3.       Went to University. She began her education at CCM Ontulili primary school between 1980 and 1988 before moving to Moyale Girls Secondary School in the years of 1989 to 1992. She enrolled herself to study for a degree course Bachelor of Education in Guidance and Counselling at Kampala International University between 2008 and 2011. 2009 Makerere University, Uganda Certificate in Human Resource Management. 2012 Meru University Certificate. 4.       Brought up by a